Thursday, March 13, 2008

when mail makes everything better

This has been one of those weeks where I feel like everything is spinning out of control and it's everything I can do to hang on. I can't concentrate (when I really need to, even worse!) and some random, kind of scary stuff is happening in the background that I can't tell you about yet but nevertheless has me wanting to just shut down and sleep until all the bad things just go away. Yes, I'm totally a grown up, why do you ask?

Well, just like any immature dingbat, I find that presents make anything better. Back when I started blogging about my cooking woes, Mia offered to send me a few cooking magazines to help me broaden my repetoire, and how can you refuse a kind offer like that? Well Mia took the concept of "care package" to a whole new level:

a box from my new BFF!

Not only did she send me some cooking magazines, but she included Easter candy (peanut butter cups! blue peeps!) and YARN. Socks that Rock yarn. In a gorgeous colorway. I want to hug it and pet it and call it George.

So let me take this opportunity to say Thank you so much, Mia! This arrived exactly when I needed it most!

No comments: