Friday, March 28, 2008

fun with fruit, part one

This week, when I went to Grand Frais, there were lots of fruit choices. I am so sick of winter apples that I kind of went a little crazy and bought several different kinds of fruit with no particular ideas about what to do with them. Yesterday I had the idea to make a strawberry shake with my fresh strawberries, but we don't have a blender, just a little electric hand mixer. Soon, the idea of a fresh strawberry milkshake took over my brain and I thought I would die if I couldn't figure out how to make one, so I just went for it.

fun with fruit part one

I'm happy to announce all went very well indeed.

Strawberry Milkshake by Electric Hand Mixer

(Serves one)

Clean and chop five large strawberries. Just cover with milk and mix until smooth. Add vanilla ice cream and mix until it reaches your preferred consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!

I liked it so much I had to make one for Stéph when he got home. Considering the fact that he's not a big fan (milk is for kids! bah), he drank the whole thing and proclaimed it to be good, which is high praise indeed.

Hm, I do believe I still have some strawberries left...

Also, apropos of nothing, Stéph's birthday is not Sunday, as previously reported, but Monday. Yes I know my husband's birthday but apparently I don't know how to read a calendar. That's what I get for relying on counting on my fingers...

No comments: